HOW TO VOLUNTEER?
Thank you for your interest in the Pesticide Detectives Project. The success of this project relies on your participation as a Citizen Scientist for us to investigate for the occurrence of pesticides in waterways Australia-wide. We value your time and contributions in participating in our national project.
SAMPLING BLITZ TIMELINE
SITE NOMINATION CRITERIA
1. Target small rivers and creeks rather than larger waterways such as the Murray River, Goulburn River etc.
2. Target sites with mud and fine sediment substrates rather than sand. Pesticides do not bind well with sand.
3. Nominate as many sites as you could sample. Reference sites are not needed.
4. Sites can be on the same waterway, look to capture different landuses.
5. Provide details of the land-use surrounding each site nominated,using the categories: Orchards, New urban (Post 2000), Old urban (Pre-1990s), Horticulture, Livestock, Crops, Forest/Plantations, Mixed or Other – please specify
6. For further information refer to the FAQs information sheet.